Traditional Irish Bacon and Cabbage
Serve this on St. Patrick's Day and experience a true Irish meal!
- 1 slab Shannon traditional bacon
- ½ green cabbage
- ½ white cabbage
- 8 potatoes, peeled
- salt and pepper
- Place slab of bacon in saucepan filled with water just enough to cover the bacom.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Boil potatoes and set aside when cooked.
- Remove outer leaves of the green and white cabbage.
- Cut cabbage in half.
- Place half of green cabbage and half of white cabbage in another saucepan filled with water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut cooked bacon into thin slices.
- Drain cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop roughly and add butter.
- Arrange bacon slices, potatoes and cabbage on a large plate and serve.