Tequila Lime-grilled Salmon
Purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. Dated 1962. I have made this on several special occasions and it is always gobbled right up.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks or fillets
- Blend together all ingredients, except salmon, in gallon size zip-lock plastic bag or flat dish.
- Add salmon to marinade; turn several times to coat.
- Cover, if needed, and refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer), turning salmon over after 30 minutes.
- Grill salmon on oiled hot grill, turning once during cooking, about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness.