- Sieve the flour and besan into a bowl.
- Rub ghee into the flour with fingertips. Bind with water.
- Knead well until dough is smooth.
- Cover and chill for fifteen minutes.
- Mix all filling ingredients together.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Stir in saffron and liquid.
- Roll out dough into flat discs about 4" in diameter.
- Place a tsp if filling in the centre. Seal the dough.
- Fry kachoris over a slow flame in hot oil. When golden, drain.
- Break the top of the kachories and pour in 1 tbsp saffron syrup before serving.