Strawberries and Cream Brownie Sandwiches
The perfect treat for summer-or anytime you have a yen for something cold, sweet and chocolaty. When you've reached pre-maintenance and lifetime maintenance, you can indulge in this scrumptious frozen treat.
- ¾ cup Atkins Deluxe Fudge Brownie Mix (half of an 8½ oz package)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ of 1 Atkins Endulge chocolate candy bar, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Line two 8"-square baking pans with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, butter and water, stirring until smooth.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack; invert cakes onto a cutting board and peel off foil.
- In a mixer bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- In another mixer bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar substitute, vanilla extract and 1/3 cup of the whipped cream. With an electric mixer on low, beat just until blended.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and continue to beat on low just until combined.
- Divide and spread cream cheese mixture over brownie squares.
- Top one of the brownie squares with strawberries.
- Place second cake (cream cheese side down) over Berries.
- Wrap well in plastic wrap and freeze 2 to 3 hours, until set.
- Remove brownie sandwiches from freezer and cut into 8 bars.
- Place Endulge bar in a small plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds, until melted.
- Cut a tiny piece off corner of bag and pipe chocolate swirls over brownies.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes to set chocolate.
- Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store in freezer until ready to serve.