Star of the East Fruit Bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup Chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1/2 cup Chopped dates OR Calimyrna figs
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- cocoa GLAZE (recipe follows)
Heat oven to 350 °F.
Beat butter and Sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with mashed banana to butter mixture, blending well.
Stir in cherries, orange segments, figs and chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool; remove from pans.
Drizzle tops of loaves with cocoa GLAZE.
Store tightly wrapped.
Melt 2 tbsp butter in small saucepan over low heat stir in 2 tbsp ligh corn syrup.
Stir in 3 tbsp water and 3 tbsp HERSHEY'S Dutch Processed cocoa; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth
and slightly thickened.
Remove from heat; stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating to desired consistency.