Sprits is one of those typically Dutch cookies that usually get served with a cup of coffee.
- 250 grams of butter or margarine
- 150 grams of Sugar
- 2 satchels of vanilla Sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tblsp milk
- 375 grams plain flour
- Cream the soft butter with the Sugar and vanilla Sugar.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the creamed butter, together with the milk.
- Finally blend in the flour.
- Put the dough into a piping bag and pipe the dough into waves of 6 or 7 cms length onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the sprits in the middle of a preheated oven at 180C until golden.