Southwestern Squash Saute
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- kosher salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 small zucchini or summer Squash, cut in medium dice (1/3 inch, about 1 lb.)
- 1 large ear of corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1-2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime
1. Set a large skillet over med-high heat.
2. When hot, add 2 T.oil and let it heat.
4. Add the diced red pepper and a little more salt and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Turn the heat to high, add one more T.oil and the Squash.
7. Season with salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring only occasionally, so that it begins to brown lightly and the flesh turns slightly translucent and is tender (do not over cook).