Southern Baked Tofu
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 stick margarine
- nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt
- celery salt
- corn flakes
- brown rice flour or garbanzo flour
- Cut tofu into ¼-inch thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a small skillet, heat up ½ – 1 stick margarine.
- When completely melted, dip tofu in margarine; make sure you coat all surfaces.
- Dredge tofu to dry breading, and cover both sides.
- Transfer breaded tofu to a lightly greased tray or cookie sheet.
- Bake until crunchy, about 8 – 10 minutes.