Sour Soup with Dry Beans
In Romanian: Borş de fasole boabe
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- ½ lb / 250 g dry beans
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- ½ teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- borş (to taste) or 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- chopped parsley and dill
- Pick over, wash and pre-soak (in tepid water) the beans, the night before.
- Set to boil and after the initial first boil, change the water and set to boil again in tepid water.
- Repeat this procedure three times.
- To the last water, besides the beans, add onion, carrot, parsley root and salt.
- Cover the pot and let boil until the beans are tender.
- Remove the vegetables and add a mixture made by fried flour in oil, boiled borş (to taste) and chopped parsley and dill.
- Let boil for a couple of minutes more.