Red Snapper with Coconut Sauce
- Wash filets with water.
- Crush garlic and oregano into paste.
- Rub fish with the paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onion, peppers, tomatoes and leeks with ginger in a little olive oil, over medium heat.
- Stir gently for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, water and cilantro; add to pan.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Dust filets with flour.
- In a separate pan, pan-fry fish in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until light golden color.
- Drain excess oil from frying pan.
- Add sauce to the fillets and simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot, cooked white rice and fried yellow plantains.