These scones are juicy with raisins, and the tart taste of buttermilk. With all the raisins, these biscuits are a sweet treat even without any toppings or spreads. You can enjoy them all on their own.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. #Cut in butter until mixture is like large crumbs
- Stir in raisins and buttermilk.
- Roll dough into a ball, and knead for a couple of minutes on a floured surface.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out 3-inch triangles and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with egg whites.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 scones
- "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s