Puerto Rican Pudding
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- raisins (as many or few as desired)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 cups sugar (or to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 qt. regular milk
- 1½ loaves bread or equivalent (preferably old or stale bread)
- cinnamon powder (optional)
- First, break up bread into small pieces.
- Add evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, butter, coconut cream.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, then add regular milk and sugar.
- Mix again.
- Then add raisins and cinnamon.
- (be sure to separate the raisins if clumped together.
- ) use non-stick spray or grease pan with butter.
- Pour into rectangular large pan (like a lasagna pan, not aluminum ones).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes up clean from center.
- May store at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Cut into square pieces.
- May be served with whipped cream on top.