Potato-crusted Catfish with Okra Aioli
A Catfish recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
1. To prepare the okra aioli, heat 1/3 cup of the olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic, shallots, green onions and parsley and sauté for 1 minute. Add okra and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine, bread crumbs and chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and pour into a blender. Purée, drizzling in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, blending until the mixture is frothy and a pale green color. Set aside.
2. To prepare the Catfish, mix flour, salt and white pepper in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper. Dredge Catfish fillets in seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Refrigerate, covered for 45 minutes.
4. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Carefully place fillets in the hot oil and fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Pour some of the aioli onto each serving plate and top with the Catfish fillets.