- 2 medium pineapples
- 2 Kashmiri chiles
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ginger piece 2" chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 100 gms dates or dried apricot finely chopped
- Large pinch of panch phoron (aniseed, cumin seed, mustard seed, onion seed and fenugreek seeds)
- Heat a tbsp of oil and season with panch phoron and kashmiri chiles.
- Add the pineapple and cook on full heat.
- Add chopped dates or apricots, chopped ginger, sugar and salt.
- Cook until the pineapple cubes are soft.
- Add lime juice when cooked.