Peru a Brasileira
- In a medium saucepan, add the wing tips, neck and giblets, except the liver.
- Add the Onion, garlic, celery, carrot, bay leaf, peppercorns, thyme and parsley.
- Add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Skim off the froth forming on the top, reduce heat, simmer for 1 hour.
- Add boiling water as it evaporates and skim if necessary.
- Strain and cool the stock and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place onions and garlic in a pyrex dish and add the oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Preparing the turkey
- Stuff the turkey cavity with the onions and garlic, truss.
- Place the turkey, breast down, in a roasting pan, pour over the wine, reserving ⅛ cup and rum.
- Cover tightly, marinate over night, turning the turkey a few times.