Peppers in vinegar
- peppers in vinegars are much liked salad in all Balkan countries. One can buy them in tins.
- Wash peppers, dry and prick several times with a toothpick.
- Fry in oil for 3 minutes, turning frequently.
- Drain, then cook in mixture of Sugar and 2 quarts vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Drain peppers and place in wide jars pressing them together.
- Dilute remaining vineger with equal amount of water ,peppers,garlic and pour over peppers to cover them.
- Pour 1/2 cup of oil into each jar. Seal jars well. Store in a cool place.