Pearl Couscous with Olives and Roasted Tomatoes
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- For Roasted tomatoes and Dressing:
- 1 - 2 pints Red Grape or cherry tomatoes (depending on how much you like tomatoes)
- 3 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 warm water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For couscous:
- 2 3/4 cups un-Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 1/4 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar unpitted kalmata * 1/3 cup fresh, flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
Roast tomatoes and make dressing:
Preheat oven to 250F.
Halve tomatoes through stem ends and arrange, cut sides up, in one layer in a large shallow baking pan. Add garlic to pan and roast in the middle of the oven until the tomatoes are slightly shriveled around edges, about 1 hour.
Bring broth to a boil in a heavy saucepan, stir in couscous, then simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.