Parchment-steamed Catfish with Spring Herbs and Vegetables
A Catfish recipe.
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 roll of parchment paper (or aluminum foil)
- 1 zucchini, halved and seeded, cut into julienne strips
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 3 scallions, green tips only, cut into julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil and chives (or 1 tablespoon dried herbs or herbes de Provence)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 slices
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Cut parchment paper or aluminum foil into six 12-inch squares. Fold in half to make a crease down the center and then open up.
2. Place a Catfish fillet on one side of each square of parchment or foil. Divide the vegetables among the packets of . Sprinkle each packet evenly with herbs and garlic. Place 2 slices of butter on top of each fillet, then drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of wine. Season each packet with salt and pepper. Fold parchment or foil in half to cover fillet, then tightly fold in the edges, crimping around each of the sides to seal the packets completely.
3. Place sealed packets on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until flakes easily when tested with a fork; carefully unfold one side of one of the packets to check for doneness. To serve, tear or cut open packets carefully at the table, taking care not to get burned by the steam.