Orange and Rice Cream Mold
Makes 8 servings
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- grated peel and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2-1/8-ounce package whipped topping mix, prepared
- Drain orange segments; set segments aside.
- Add enough milk to juice to make 3 cups.
- Combine with rice, salt and Sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peel, juice and vanilla. Spoon into 6-cup ring mold. Chill. Unmold onto serving plate.
- Spoon whipped topping into center of ring. Circle mold with orange segments.
- Arrange additional orange segments, banana slices and chocolate pieces on top of ring mold.