Oatmeal Cherry Cookies
Cherries, Dried by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 48
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1½ cups dried cherries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture.
- Stir in oats, cherries, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in a tightly-covered container.