Nostalgia Date Nut Loaf
- Pour water over dates in medium bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar, egg, oil and vanilla in large bowl on high speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with dates to egg mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in walnuts and small chocolate chips.
- Pour about 1¼ cups batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.