Mushrooms with Wild Rice
Contributed by A.English [Al & Diane]
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lbs white button mushrooms, sliced (about 2½ cups)
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 12 snow peas, quartered
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place rice, water, soy sauce and scallions in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium heat until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender, about 1 hour.
- Set aside.
- Place onion, celery and water in a large pan.
- Cook and stir for several minutes, until vegetables soften slightly.
- Add button, shittake and oyster mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in cooked rice, enoki mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat for another 15 minutes.
Per serving: 152 cals | 6 g protein | ⅛ g fat | 31 g carbo | 829 mg sodium | 3 g fiber