Moroccan Lettuce-wrapped Meatballs
Lettuce-wrapped meatballs are an authentic Moroccan meat dish and contain a blend of spices that'll blow your mind! Delicious!
- This recipe serves 8 to 10.
- 4 oz ground pork
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 baby romaine lettuce leaves
- 5 mint leaves
- 5 cilantro leaves
- ½ cup chili sauce
- Mix the pork, scallion, ras el hanout, cilantro, sesame seeds and as much salt and pepper as necessary together.
- Roll the mixture into about 20 balls.
- Put the cornstarch on a flat surface or plate and roll the balls in it.
- Make sure they are lightly and evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and, when it's hot, fry the meatballs on a medium heat for 4 minutes, making sure each is well browned.
- When they're cooked, drain any excess oil off.
- Place a meatball on a lettuce leaf with a mint or cilantro leaf on top.
- The chili sauce is to be used as a dip.