Moldovan Beef Soup
- Set to boil the Beef with the cold water.
- Let the pot uncovered until the liquid starts foaming.
- Remove this foam periodically with the slotted spoon until foaming stops.
- Add the bay leaf, one small Onion and little salt.
- Cover the pot almost but not completely and let boil, at low temperature, for 2 hours or until the meat is soft.
- When it is ready, strain it into another pot.
- Put the ready meat aside to cool. Slice it.
- Serve the sliced meat with the broth and the desired accompaniment.
- Or add the vegetables to the strained soup and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add salt and chopped parsley, stir. Turn off the heat.
- Cover the pot and let rest for a few minutes.
- Put in a bowl a slice of meat, soup with vegetables and a spoon of sour cream or yogurt.
- Serve warm with country stile bread.