- Cream the margarine and sugar together and beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and salt and knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into a greased circular pie dish and bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Bring the milk and margarine to the boil.
- cream the sugar, eggs, corn starch, flour and vanilla extract.
- Add some of the hot milk to the creamed mixture, then pour it back into the pot and heat gently until it thickens.
- Do not boil.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and cool.
- Refrigerate until required and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.