Milk Soup from the Ardennes
- Melt the butter in a heavy soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, onion, and escarole; cook, covered until the vegetables are softened but not browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, until the potatoes are very soft and start to fall apart, about 30 minutes.
- You can serve this chunky soup as is-country style-or puree it in a blender or food processor for a more elegant presentation.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with minced parsley.