Macau-style African Chicken
- a 3-3½ lb chicken, halved, quartered or cut into pieces.
Marinade for chicken
- Mix marinade ingredients, rub into chicken and marinate covered in fridge overnight.
- Adding a little oil to the marinade helps the rub stick to the chicken.
- Sweat shallots, garlic and peppers in oil over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened.
- Add paprika, coconut, peanut butter, bay leaf and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oil medium high in a fry pan and brown the chicken well with the potato cut into one inch cubes.
- Even better, grill the chicken, and brown potato separately.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to baking dish, spoon 2 cups of the sauce over, and bake in a 350°F oven for about 30 minutes if in pieces, a little longer if in halves.
- Finish with remaining sauce, and serve.