- 2 (two) cups rice.
- 6 (six) cups water.
- for wrapping: 10 - 12 inches sheets of aluminum foil.
- Put the 6 cups of water into a large pot and add the rice.
- Bring it to a boil then lower the heat.
- Cover the pot and cook until most of the water is absorbed.
- Then turn off the heat and let the rice cool down for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Fill 1½ cup with the cooked rice and place it at the edge of the sheet of aluminum foil.
- Roll it once and fold both edges of the foil, then roll further till the rice log is sealed.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Put the rice log in the pot, cover and cook for 1½ - 2 hours over low heat.
- Remove the log and let cool down for several hours.
- Then unwrap the aluminum foil, cut the rolls into ½ - 1 inch slices.
- Arrange on a plate and serve with other dishes.