|Lemon and Ricotta Risotto
Lemon and Ricotta Risotto   is a light dish to use as either an appetizer or a side dish.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz butter
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 13 oz Arbroio rice
- 1.5 litre hot vegetable stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 5.5 oz ricotta
- few marjoram or thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Warm butter and olive oil in a pan.
- Include the onion, stir.
- Turn down heat to medium.
- Include rice by stirring in well.
- Include a few scoops of stock.
- Constantly stir.
- Include 1/4 of the lemon zest and juice.
- Include a seasoning of salt and pepper, stir in.
- Include more stock bit at a time, and stir.
- Ensure rice is cooked.
- Move pot from heat.
- Include ricotta, stir well.
- Include half of the marjoram (or thyme leaves).
- Leave to sit for ~4 min.
- To serve garnish with remaining lemon zest and herbs.
- ↑ de laurentiis, Gaida (2008). Giada's Kitchen New Italian Favorites. Clarkson Potter/Publishders. pp. 121. ISBN 978-0-307-34659-9.
- ↑ Contaldo, Gennaro (2010). gennaro's Easy Italian. Headline Publishing Group. pp. 77. ISBN 978-0-7553-1788-2.