Juicy Steamed Dumplings
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 4½ (500 g) cups flour, sifted
- 1 lb (500 g) lean boneless pork, minced
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp rice wine
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 oz (125 ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp msg
- Mix the pork with the soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, msg, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in one direction until it becomes a paste.
- Stir in the sesame oil and mix well.
- Add 9 oz (250 ml) of cold water gradually to the flour and mix into a dough.
- Let rest.
- Turn out onto a flour board and knead until firm and elastic.
- Knead the dough again and cut into ½ oz (15 g) balls.
- Flatten each ball lightly with your hand, then roll out each piece into a 3 inch (7 to 8 cm) circle, rotating the dough counter-clockwise while rolling so the centre is slightly thicker than the edges.
- Place about 1 to 1½ tbsp (20 g) of filling on each circle and pinch the edges together into 18 pleats.
- Place the dumpling in a steamer and steam for 5 minutes over high heat.