In Romanian: Piftie de porc. The tastiest pork jelly is made out of pork feet and ears. You can use beef feet or a mixture of pork and beef feet.
- Wash and clean the feet and/or head. If hairy, singe. Split the feet in two lengthwise and break the head with the mallet.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water so that there are 3 - 4 inches of water above the pork pieces. Boil over slow to medium heat. Remove the foam as it forms. Then add salt, vegetables, bay leaves and juniper berries.
- Cover the pot almost completely. Boil until the meat falls off the bones. Remove the bones and place the meat on the bottom of one or several deep plates.
- Chop the garlic, add some salt and mix with the meat broth. Strain and then pour on top of the meat in plates. Refrigerate so that it gels.
- To obtain a nice, clear jelly you have to boil slowly, with the pot almost covered.