This recipe tastes best when the cabbage and carrots are still crunchy to the bite.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are still a little hard (do not cook potatoes until soft).
- Drain and cut into strips.
- Set aside.
- Quarter cabbage.
- Remove core.
- Shred into ½-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and scallions.
- In another bowl, mix vinegar, mustard powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add in oil.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.
- Add in potatoes and mix again.
- Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.