Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
Kids love this recipe! You really can't tell that it's made with ice cream sandwiches, says Wendy Stenman. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Taste of Home Test Kitchen Favorites
- 12 – 15 servings
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12-oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (11¾-oz) jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Cut 1 ice cream sandwich in ½.
- Place 1 whole and one ½ sandwich along short side of ungreased 13"x9"x2" pan.
- Arrange 8 sandwiches in opposite direction in pan.
- Spread with ½ of whipped topping.
- Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup peanuts.
- Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping and peanuts, pan will be full.
- Cover and freeze up to 2 months.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group