Hot Spicy Country-style Ribs
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1½ cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- In a large saucepan cook ribs covered in enough boiling salted water to cover for 1 hour then drain well.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot cooking oil until onion is tender or limp but not brown then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grill ribs over slow coals for 45 minutes turning every 15 minutes.
- Brush frequently with sauce.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group