Heavenly Chocolate Delight
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon ground Mexican or regular cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 ounces Mexican chocolate
- 1 envelope gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- chocolate sprinkles
- Combine water, rice, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add milk, sugar and chocolate to rice mixture; simmer over low heat stirring occasionally until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Add to thickened chocolate mixture.
- Stir well.
- Remove from heat.
- Place pan with mixture in bowl of ice water to cool.
- Whip cream and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla at low speed until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar; continue beating until stiff but not dry.
- Fold half of whipped cream into cooled rice mixture.
- Add coffee liqueur to remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon rice mixture into dessert glasses; top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until set.