Try this delicious and spicy Irish salad. For vegetarians, use tofu instead of bacon. Tastes great! Serves 6.
- Boil potatoes (unpeeled) until tender.
- Peel and slice.
- Arrange potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Cut into small pieces and mix with onion, celery and salt. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter and flour.
- Add mustard and sugar.
- Stir in beer and Tabasco. Stir continuously until mixture boils.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add parsley. Toss lightly.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add bacon mixture and toss gently.