Grand Marnier Pâté
- 500 g chicken Livers
- ⅓ cup Grand Marnier
- 90 g butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup cream
- salt, pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Trim livers and cut in half.
- Place livers in bowl, cover with Grand Marnier and allow to sit for 2 hours.
- Strain livers, reserve liquid.
- Melt half the butter in pan, add chopped onion, crushed garlic and livers, cook 3 minutes over moderate heat.
- Add Grand Marnier liquid and cook further 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and puree liver mixture in blender or food processor.
- Melt remaining butter and add to livers; mix thoroughly.
- Add cream and stir through, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and thyme.
- Place in serving dish and refrigerate overnight.