Ginger Peanut Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (skinned and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅔ cup 1% low-fat milk
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped chives (optional)
- Cook chicken in skillet, approximately 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Take chicken out of skillet and set aside.
- In small bowl, dissolve corn starch in 2 tbsp milk.
- Stir in remaining milk and add to skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In another small bowl, mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and red pepper.
- Stir into milk mixture until smooth.
- Add chicken, chives, and cilantro.
- Toss with pasta and enjoy!.