Fruit Salad with Belgian Endive
Fruit, fruit, fruit ! What can I say more about this fresh and healthy fruit salad a la belgian style ! Enjoy !
- 5 x heads of Belgian endive (chicory)
- 2 x celery hearts thinly sliced into rings
- 4 x oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 lb seedless white grapes
- 1/2 lb black grapes halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced Mushrooms (optional) 2 bunches watercress (optional)
Citrus spring dressing:
- 9 tbl olive oil
- 3 tbl orange juice
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 1 x salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the Belgian endive heads reserving 10 to 12 leaves to garnish.
- Toss together the sliced Belgian endive celery oranges grapes and Mushrooms if using in a bowl.
- Separate the watercress if using into sprigs and set aside.
- Beat together all the ingredients for the dressing with salt and pepper to taste until well blended.
- Alternatively place all the ingredients in a screwtop jar and shake vigorously to combine well before using.
- Pour the dressing over the salad about 1 hour before serving and toss to mix well.
- Add the watercress just before serving and garnish with reserved Belgian endive leaves.