Fresh Fish in Coconut Cream
- Prepare 3 cups coconut cream.
- In a 12-inch skillet (electric if possible):.
- Sauté onions, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper or few drops Tabasco in butter until soft but not brown.
- Cut in halves the fish
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute fish in the butter mixture for 1 minute on each side.
- Pour the coconut milk over the fish.
- Cover tightly and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and baste constantly until fish is done and sauce has thickened to a cream consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Lay fish out on a platter with a spatula and pour the sauce over it.
- Serve with foo-foo.