Flamische aux Chicons
Flemish style dish, a complete meal providing taste and nutrition ! Enjoy !
- First prepare the pastry: dilute the yeast in warmed milk and melt the butter.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl and add gradually the milk and yeast mixture and melted butter.
- Beat in the egg and salt.
- Knead the dough vigorously, shape it into a ball, wrap it in greaseproof paper and leave it to rise in a warmish place for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile chop the chicons finely and stew them gently in 30 g butter for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, add the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry fairly thin, line a pie plate or flan dish with it, and prick the surface with a fork.
- Spread the chicons over the pastry and pour the cream mixture over them.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven for 15–20 minutes or until the flan has set and browned.