- Slice the spinach, a small bundle at a time, finely.
- Put into a large bowl and pour over it a kettleful of boiling water, then immediately pour
the water off. When a bit cooled, press the spinach in a sieve or colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Mix the egusi in a bowl with enough water to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and add the tomatoes, Onion, garlic and ginger. Mix well and fry together for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the egusi paste, water, hot pepper and salt. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stir well into the sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- serve with boiled rice or root vegetables.