Serve soup with pounded yam. Cooked and serve with love and passion
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds, or egusi, usually found in African or tropical food markets]]
- 1½ pounds cubed beef stew meat, or beef tongue, or goat meat
- ½ cup palm oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers
- ½ cup crayfish
- 1 tbsp ogiri
- salt and pepper
- chicken bouillon
- beef stock
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- basil (optional)
- Place egusi (pumpkin seeds)in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste.
- Set aside.
- Also blend in the crayfish, ogiri, habanero pepper and half onion, set aside.
- Mince other half onion cut meant into bite-size cubes.
- Season to taste in a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add minced onion and saute for 2–3 minutes or until brown, then add the crayfish, pepper and ogiri blend.
- Cook for 5 min.
- Then add into already cooked meat with stock.
- Add blended egusi, stir and reduce heat to low-medium.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add spinach and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
- Optional, add some fresh, chopped basil to increase flavour.
- Heat water, add pounded yam powder and reduce heat mix until you make a firm dough.