Eggplant and Chicken Thighs Casserole
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stem and cut into ½ inch rounds.
- Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain each slice well and dry it with a clean cloth, fry in oil, on both sides, at medium heat.
- After all eggplants have been fried, fry the thighs, and then fry the thinly sliced onions and vegetables in the remaining oil until softened.
- In a pan, arrange a layer of tomato rounds (reserve about ⅓ of the tomatoes for sauce), then a layer of fried eggplants, sprinkle with some minced garlic, then a layer of fried thighs sprinkled with salt, oregano and thyme, then a layer of fried vegetables sprinkled with some salt.
- Repeat this procedure until everything is used up.
- The last layer must be tomatoes.
- Boil the remaining tomatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of water, strain; add some salt, dusted flour and ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Pour this sauce over the eggplants and then bake until almost all liquid is reduced.
- Turn onto the serving platter and serve warm with sprinkled parsley, dill and crumbled feta.