In the Ivory Coast, white and yellow eggplant are used in "light sauce" with plantains and fish, and in Eggplant sauce. Serve with rice, foutou (mashed yams or plantains), etc.
- Peel onions; chop finely; sauté in a little oil;.
- Add fresh fish of your choice; cook over low heat for 15 minutes;.
- Add eggplant, okra, seeded tomato,a few taro leaves and chili pepper;.
- Cover with water; cover and let simmer 30 minutes;.
- Remove the vegetables; drain; crush and return to the pot;.
- Season with salt.