Double-chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove wrappers from Hershey's Kisses chocolates.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour, Hershey's cocoa, baking soda and salt alternately with milk, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Spread frosting onto cookies, leaving ½-inch around outer edge unfrosted.
- Place Hershey's kisses chocolates in center of each cookie.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, shortening and vanilla extract.
- Beat until of spreading consistency.