This simple, no-cooking-required recipe comes from my paternal grandmother, and is a variation on the classic banana pudding recipe that comes on the back of the vanilla wafer box.
- Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package Jell-O® Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 30 vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently stir in 1½ cups of the whipped topping.
- Place 10 of the cookies on bottom of 2-quart serving bowl.
- Top with ⅓ of the bananas and ⅓ of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with pudding mixture.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Even though a serving bowl is called for, my grandmother used to serve this in a casserole dish.