Dole's Piña Colada Cheesecake
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Old Magazine Clipping
- 8 – 10 Servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (6-oz) can Dole ® pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup dark Jamaican rum
- ¼ cup coconut extract
- 1 (20-oz) can Dole ® crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs with flaked coconut.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press on bottom and side of 8" – 9" spring-form pan.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Mix gelatin and ½ cup sugar in saucepan.
- Add pineapple juice. Let stand 1 minute.
- Heat on low until gelatin dissolves, 5 minutes. Remover from heat.
- Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beat well after each addition. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Blend in gelatin mixture with rum and coconut extract.
- Chill quickly be setting mixture over bowl of ice water; stir until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add ¼ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in gelatin mixture. Turn into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In saucepan, combine undrained pineapple with 2 tbsp sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- Spoon over cheesecake.