- Sieve the besan.
- Mix it with the yoghurt and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Add the ginger and green chile pastes, turmeric powder, salt to taste, lime juice and sugar and enough warm water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Mix well.
- Divide the batter into 3 equal portions.
- Prepare the steamer and grease a square/ rectangular pan to steam the dhokla in.
- Divide the baking soda into 3 equal portions and add one portion to a portion of the batter.
- Mix well.
- Pour this batter into the greased dish and put it into the steamer.
- Cook till done - when you touch the surface of the dhokla your fingers should come away clean.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding the fruit salt/ baking soda to each batch of batter just before steaming.
- Allow the steamed dhokla to cool slightly and cut into 2" squares.
- To temper, heat the oil in a wide, thick-bottomed pan and add the curry leaves, mustard and sesame seeds and green chillies.
- Fry till the seeds stop sputtering.
- Pour these into the warm water.
- Sprinkle this mixture all over the prepared dhokla.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney.