My favorite Christmas Cookie. My aunt used to make them for me at Christmas. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Makes about 4 dozen depending on the size of the balls
- 8 ounces of whole pitted dates, chopped (I use Aldi's chopped dates)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or regular margarine
- 2½ cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cups nuts, finely chopped (I leave out, I don't like nuts)
- coconut to roll balls in
- Combine the chopped dates, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Stir int he cereal and nuts.
- Cool mixture until able to shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the date balls in coconut.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group